Action Replay (Nintendo DS)
The Action Replay DS is a Game Enhancer device for the Nintendo DS. It was created by Datel. It is a cheat code based device and allows the user to control the menu by using the DS's touchscreen. The code list can be updated by downloading updates from the official Datel website, and from there using software and downloading it to the AR DS through a USB cable. The AR plugs into the DS game port, thus assuring compatibility with all models of the DS. Rather than having a pass-through port, the AR must first be inserted, then after booting, the game of choice is inserted.
The Action Replay Trainer Kit is a peripheral sold seperately which allows users to find their own codes. It plugs into the GBA cartridge slot so it only works on the original DS models.
- Action Replay DS
- Action Replay DS Media Edition - A special version of the Action Replay DS which contains software that allows for movies, music, and homebrew games to be played. All files must first be saved to a MicroSD card and inserted into the ARDS Media Edition to be played. A game saves manager called DataMAX is also included which allows for game save backups (useful for games which only allow one game save).
- Action Replay Max Duo - Basically the standard GBA Action Replay, but compatible with the DS, and can also transfer DS game saves. DS games cannot use the cheat code features.
- ActionReplayMaxDuo GBA-DS Packaging.jpg
Action Replay Max Packaging
- Action Replay DS Official webpage
- AR Media Edition Packaging Official webpage
- Trainer Toolkit Official website
- Action Replay DS Wikipedia article
|Commodore 64 - Amiga - MS-DOS PC|
|NES - Master System - Super Nintendo - Genesis - PlayStation - Saturn - Nintendo 64 - Dreamcast - PlayStation 2 - Xbox - Gamecube - Wii|
|Game Boy - Game Gear - Game Boy Advance - DS - PSP - 3DS|