Action Replay (Nintendo DS)
The Action Replay is a Game Enhancer device for the Nintendo DS. It was created by Datel. It is a cheat code based device and allows the user to control the menu by using the DS's touchscreen. The code list can be updated by downloading updates from the official Datel website, and from there using software and downloading it to the AR DS through a USB cable. The AR plugs into the DS game port. Rather than having a pass-through port, the AR must first be inserted, then after booting, the game of choice is inserted.
The Action Replay Trainer Kit is a peripheral sold seperately which allows users to find their own codes. It plugs into the GBA cartridge slot so it only works on the original DS models.
Downloadable Manual for DS Trainer Toolkit
Use the link below to download a PDF version of the original Trainer Toolkit user manual.
If you’ve lost the disc that came with your Trainer Toolkit, use the link below to download the contents of the provided disc.
Nintendo DS, Nintendo DS Lite
- Action Replay MAX DUO (March 2005) - Two cartridges included. One for GBA and another for DS.
- Action Replay DS (July 2006) [Last firmware v1.71, games released later are not compatible.
- NDS Trainer Toolkit (February 2007) - Available only online.
- Action Replay DS Media Edition (September 2008) - A special version of the Action Replay DS which contains software that allows for movies, music, and homebrew games to be played. All files must first be saved to a MicroSD card and inserted into the ARDS Media Edition to be played. A game saves manager called DataMAX is also included which allows for game save backups (useful for games which only allow one game save). Only available online.
- Action Replay DS EZ (February 2009)
- Action Replay Ultimate Cheats - Action Replay supporting a single series of games. Games covered include.
- Pokemon (DS/DS Lite and DSi/3DS versions)
Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL
- Action Replay DSi (October 2009); Later system software updates to the DSi and 3DS include a 'white list' which prevents unlicensed games from booting, this stops older Action Replay's from loading on updated DSi and 3DS handhelds, however older Action Replay's will continue to work on original DS and DS Lite handhelds.
- Action Replay DS (September 2011): 3DS/DSi/DS/Lite Compatible.
- Action Replay DS Official webpage
- AR Media Edition Packaging Official webpage
- Trainer Toolkit Official website
- Action Replay DS Wikipedia article
|Commodore 64 - Amiga - MS-DOS PC|
|NES - Master System - Super Nintendo - Genesis - PlayStation - Saturn - Nintendo 64 - Dreamcast - PlayStation 2 - Xbox - Gamecube - Wii|
|Game Boy - Game Gear - Game Boy Advance - DS - PSP - 3DS|