GameShark (PlayStation 2)
The GameShark is a Game Enhancer device for the PlayStation 2. The first version was created by Datel. The successor, the GameShark 2 was the first GameShark created by Mad Catz. Cheat code support was the main focus of the GameShark.
In the GameShark 2 the codes were in encrypted form to prevent the use of codes on other Game Enhancers. There was also a memory card manager which allows for the compressing and uncompressing of game saves, and a region free DVD player. The software came on a DVD and new codes could be saved to a memory card. A special memory card was also included which contained game saves for several games.
Early versions of the GameShark 2 are incompatible with later generation PS2's. Unfortunately, the only option was to find a older PS2 or contact Mad Catz and get a replacement disc.
Action Replay 2 & GameShark 2
An earlier GameShark, which was simply called GameShark, was released on the PlayStation 2. After Mad Catz aquired the Gameshark name in 2003 it released the Gameshark 2 in March. Datel then released the Action Replay 2 in the US under the Action replay label. Thus, for the first time the GameShark and Action Replay were competitors in the US market. The first version of GameShark 2 released was referred to as version 3.0.
- These are features found in most GameShark incarnations.
- Broadband enabled for quick code updates.
- Menu screen with 3D graphics and sound.
- USB storage device reader.
- Download cheats list from GameShark.com to USB pen drive to update code list.
- PSP reader that allows user to transfer game saves between PSP and PS2 for storage on memory card and Memory Stick Duo.
- Memory card manager with a data compressor which allows the user to pack more data onto a memory card.
- Packed with hundreds of game saves to download onto your memory card.
- GameShark 2
- GameShark 2005 Greatest Hits
- GameShark Sampler
|PlayStation - Saturn - Nintendo 64 - Dreamcast - PlayStation 2 - GameCube - Xbox - Xbox 360 - PlayStation 3 - Wii|
|Game Boy - Game Boy Advance - Nintendo DS - PSP|